Take a natural and human history eco-tour of excellence! A 1- to 1.5-hour walking tour that will take you through time from the days of our early settlers to the Tantramar Marshes of today. Discover the history of Tantramar and of the Mi'kmaq and Acadian settlements in our area, the Acadian dyking system, the importance of our agricultural history, and the methods used to restore marsh areas to wildlife habitats.
All participants are equipped with light-weight binoculars. You will learn to identify the species of waterfowl, birds and plants that inhabit the park. This wonderful tour features many hands-on activities like the Tree Age Calculator activity where you learn to calculate a tree's age with a hug! Knowledgeable guides have a backpack full of tools and demonstration items including 360 degree bug viewer, dragonfly eye lenses and fake muskrat droppings!
Finish your tour with fresh ginger snaps and lemonade served on the cozy cedar deck at the Visitor Information Centre with after-tour informal questions/answers.
- Available mid- May to late August
- Walk-ins welcome, seven days a week, depending on availability of staff
- Reservations preferred for larger groups
- Price $6 Adult, $4 Seniors and Children (12 and under), $12 Family (2 adults, 2 children).
- Includes beverage and snack, tour certificate and info kit
- Departure point is the Sackville Welcome Centre, 34 Mallard Drive
- Fully accessible entrances and trails
Contact the Sackville Welcome Centre to book a tour. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (506) 364-4967, toll-free: 1-800-249-2020