- 2008 Cultural Capital of Canada
- 2006 Green Streets Community
- 2003 Municipality of the Arts
- “One of 20 great places to live in Canada” —50 Plus magazine
- “One of the best places to live in Canada” —Chatelaine magazine
- Home of Mount Allison University, ranked as Canada’s No. 1 undergraduate university by Maclean’s a record 13 times in the past 19 years
- 5 Blooms finalist in the National Communities in Bloom
- One of the lowest crime rates in the country
- Local ambulance service and its own general hospital
- High-quality educational opportunities from pre-school to Seniors’ College
- A higher median income than the provincial average — $57,749
For more information on what makes life in Sackville so sweet, download our 2009 Sackville Relocation Brochure (766 KB PDF)
A great place to live and get creative
Did you ever visit a place and immediately feel you could live there? Sackville gives a lot of people that feeling and many of them stay! Here’s why...
Sackville is central to all the Maritime Provinces; visiting friends and relatives is very easy.
- Halifax, Truro, Fredericton and Saint John are all linked to Sackville with four-lane highways
- The Confederation Bridge to PEI is only 40 minutes away
- VIA Rail passes through town
- The Greater Moncton International Airport is a 20-minute drive
Sackville offers cultural activities second to none!
- Live professional theatre
- Summer theatre featuring outdoor Shakespeare performances
- Free weekly concerts by local talent
- Studio tours
- University music recitals
- Film society
- Blues society
- Jazz society
- Early music festival
- Performing arts series
Sports and the Great Outdoors
Sackville offers many organized sports including baseball, football, hockey, soccer, basketball, competitive swimming, curling, boxing club, highland dancing, skating and many more.
The 55-acre freshwater Sackville Waterfowl Park is perfect for a morning or evening stroll – over three km of trails, boardwalks and viewing platforms to be explored.
Beech Hill Park is an excellent spot to walk or run, snowshoe or ski, or just a place to take the family for a picnic and enjoy the majestic views of the Tantramar marshes.
Sackville is an environmentally responsible community. Here are some the things we’re doing to keep Sackville Green...
- Clean Sweep
- Environmental citizen of the year awards
- Reusable shopping bag program
- Community garden
- Tree nursery
- Free mass tree planting projects
- Bike lanes and walking trails to link the neighborhoods of the community
Sackville has a rich and varied history. From heritage homes to antique shops and museums, heritage is the backbone of many activities in Sackville. Join us in 2012 to Celebrate Sackville’s 250th!